Due to concerns regarding community health regarding the spread of COVID-19, the Greater Phoenix Chamber team has elected to shift to a telework office and postpone or cancel upcoming events. The Chamber team will still be available to members via phone and email. The Chamber will continue to communicate with you as more information and resources become available. The Chamber’s COVID-19 resource page will remain current with news impacting businesses.
Additionally, our team will be sharing a weekly community health update to ensure that you and your business are aware of what is happening in our community.
2022 Cybersecurity and IT Externships
Join the Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation in making Arizona a premier state for Cybersecurity and IT industries.
By partnering with the Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation to host virtual externships, your company will connect future workforce talent to career pathways in your industry. In return, your company will gain meaningful connections with emerging talent to fill growing workforce needs.
You can make a lasting impact in just two weeks!
Virtual Cybersecurity and IT Externship Rotations are structured two-week programs, containing a cohort of participants from across Arizona. Each extern will attend 1-1.5-hour sessions hosted by employers across diverse industries to learn about cybersecurity and IT-related career pathways and required skills. Externs will receive mentorship, gain real-world experience and have the opportunity to develop their skills through a team research project that they will present on the final day. Externs are individuals with high school, community college, university, military, and non-traditional educational and workforce backgrounds.
- Expose our future workforce to our Cybersecurity and IT ecosystem and career pathways.
- Provide companies brand exposure and access to emerging talent.
- Provide externs learning opportunities from employers across diverse industries.
- Provide real-world experience for externs to develop skills through team research projects.
- 2-week structured, virtual programs employers host a 1 - 1.5-hour session
- Provide a minimum of 1-hour mentorship
- Participate in a 1.5-hour closing event
- Minimum 4-hour commitment across three separate days
- Provide a minimum of one mentor
- $500 Includes: Stipend for one extern and costs to facilitate
- Employer branding featured on AZCyberTalent.com and social media
Sponsorship Opportunities Available. Please contact Ngan Pham at firstname.lastname@example.org