Director of Workforce Innovation
Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation
The Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation (the Foundation) convenes and catalyzes business, education, and community to enhance college and career readiness, develop a stronger workforce, and build healthier communities throughout Arizona. The Foundation, a 501c3 nonprofit organization, leads the charitable and education initiatives of the Greater Phoenix Chamber under the four pillars of education, workforce development, wellness, and research. Through stronger alignment between education, business, and community, the Foundation prepares individuals for college and career and serves as an intermediary to convey workforce needs and champion scalable workforce solutions. In addition, the Foundation makes Arizona and the Greater Phoenix region known as destinations for healthy talent and healthy communities through workplace wellness efforts and publishes data-driven research to inform policymakers, business leaders, and the general public.
Greater Phoenix Chamber
The Greater Phoenix Chamber (Chamber) is the leading business organization for the Greater Phoenix region. We catalyze regional prosperity with forward thinking public policy, intentional economic growth and diverse, prepared talent. We accomplish this by building a policy environment where businesses thrive, serving as a resource and voice for AZ economic data and policy, and developing and attracting a skilled, talented, diverse workforce to meet demands of growth industries.
Skills for America’s Future
Skills for America’s Future is committed to increasing the economic mobility of the under and unemployed by connecting them to quality jobs through our deep partnership and understanding of the unique human capital needs of our network of engaged employers. This approach drives systemic change and innovation and can be seen through both the employers' skilled and diverse workforce, and the economic mobility provided to the job seekers who are no longer unemployed/unemployed. The Greater Phoenix Chamber Foundation is launching a regional jobs-first hiring model based on the Skills for America’s Future model.
Who are we looking for today?
We are interested in hiring people who have a passion for Phoenix and a desire to make the Greater Phoenix region a great place to live, work, and play. Ideal candidates will bring a passion for working to improve lives, expand economic prosperity, and foster collective action and impact with industry-sector leadership and community and education partners.
The Director of Workforce Innovation is responsible for leading the development and implementation of a regional jobs-first hiring initiative pilot program based on the Skills for America’s Future jobs first talent model. The Director is responsible for project managing the program rollout, developing partnerships with employers and community-based organizations, and managing the staff associated with the pilot. This individual will work in collaboration with the Chief Innovation Officer and the Skills for America’s Future national expansion team. The Director of Workforce Innovation will also lead our hospital, advanced manufacturing, and financial services workforce collaboratives.
The ideal candidate can manage relationships with business, education, and community leaders and is able to manage multiple projects with ease. The candidate will communicate in a strong, positive, and effective manner, both verbally and non-verbally, and be a self-starter with the ability to sustain and move work forward with minimal direction. All Chamber employees are expected to work collaboratively with other departments and be team players to help accomplish our organizational mission.
- Successfully launch the regional jobs-first hiring initiative , including development of processes and procedures based on the national model, successfully hiring and training a talent acquisition lead with support from the national expansion team, and developing and monitoring Key Performance Indicators to assess progress.
- Plan, develop, and maintain strong and effective relationships with clients at both the tactical and strategic levels, developing a strong working knowledge of clients’ service needs.
- Develop strong partnerships with community-based organizations that can refer candidates from target populations to job opportunities.
- Manage and mentor staff associated with the pilot, including talent acquisition lead and future client services managers.
- Responsible for managing the hospital, advanced manufacturing, and financial services workforce collaboratives, serving as an intermediary between employers, education and training providers, and workforce development agencies.
- Responsible for the preparation, set-up, and execution of respective workforce collaborative meetings and Business Advisory Committee.
- Support ElevateEdAZ by leading Business Advisory Councils, articulating college and career pathways, and promoting work-based learning with employers.
- Oversee AZ Careers NOW hiring events in collaboration with Career Connectors.
- In collaboration with Chief Innovation Officer and Workforce Development Managers, support U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation workforce development activities, including implementing the Talent Pipeline Management framework within the workforce collaboratives.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the initiativeand workforce development, presenting at various stakeholder meetings and events.
- Work collaboratively with other departments within the chamber on joint strategies and events to help support workforce efforts.
- This position may involve interaction with minors and diverse individuals. Strict adherence to Chamber policies is required.
The Foundation is looking for candidates with the following knowledge, skills, and abilities desirable for job success:
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in project management, HR and recruiting, workforce development, or consulting.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA, MPP/MPA, or other advanced degree preferred.
- Skilled at developing consultative client relationships from the C-level to the front lines.
- Complex problem-solving experience in economic/workforce development, labor market policy, staffing/recruitment, or consumer internet startup industries.
- Project management superstar – keeps the trains running on time and prevents fire drills.
- Comfortable in a dynamic startup environment – able to adjust quickly to new responsibilities and be a change leader in the face of uncertainty.
- Polished oral and written communication Skills – speaks the language of multiple audiences, including Board of Directors, CEOs, Chief HR Officers, and Public/Non-Profit agencies.
- Deeply analytical – combines a data-driven approach with the ability to tell a story to our clients.
- Hustle – hands-on; relentless intensity and work ethic; gets it done; never gives up.
- Accountable and performance-driven, regardless of time/resource constraints.
- Excel power user. PowerPoint maven. Salesforce knowledgeable.
- Technical literacy – able to master new productivity and analytics software tools to drive innovation.
- Passion for our mission and unafraid to change the world.
- Must maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Must be able to travel to meetings regularly; reliable transportation is necessary; occasional out-of-state travel is required.
- Must be able to pass a background check, fingerprint clearance, and a drug test.
Staff members are expected to be in-person at the Chamber offices 1-2 days per week and remote the remaining 3-4 days.
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a confidential cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include the position in the subject line of your submission.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. GPC is an equal-opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, color, age, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected classes.