The Broadcast Engineer participates in the installation, maintenance and repair of TV and Radio studio/transmitter equipment to maintain competitive signals in the market while complying with all FCC technical requirements. Responsibilities include maintaining telecommunications, computers, networking systems and integrating platforms for online content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains station operation through preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Establishes and follows routine maintenance procedures and schedules for all broadcast equipment.
- Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal, laws.
- Performs necessary measurements of equipment performance.
- Installs and performs maintenance on control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antennas, control systems, remote equipment, etc.
- Provides maintenance and support of computer networks and related systems.
- Basic HVAC troubleshooting and operational maintenance, including water cooling systems.
- Works with Radio programming, TV news and Operations department to maintain broadcast equipment as needed.
Required Skills & Experience
- Basic knowledge of applicable FCC rules and regulations
- Computer literacy in applicable software packages (Microsoft OS and Office Suite, radio and television automation, etc.)
- Working knowledge of computer networking technology.
- Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment to the component level.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair high-power FM and TV transmitting facilities.
- Familiarity with RCS and Avid software/hardware products a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of generators and UPS systems.
- Ability to read and interpret design documentation, including elevations, connection drawings and schematics.
- Capable of operating four-wheel drive and off-road vehicles.
- Interact with management and staff at all levels.
Education and Licensing
- Associate Degree in Electronics, Communications, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years Broadcast experience with TV/Radio Studio and transmission facilities.
- SBE Certification preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record required.
- May require lifting or moving up to 50 lbs.
- May require climbing ladders and working on elevated surfaces (e.g. rooftops).
- Requires good manual dexterity for soldering, use of hand tools and working on small components.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to be on-call to respond to transmission systems failures at remote transmitting locations.
- Must be willing to work from office in Phoenix, AZ
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Please apply through the links listed below:
For external applicants: https://univision.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=2&c=univision&id=2676