The ATHENA Awards, an internationally prized honor, recognize the achievement of businesswomen across the Greater Phoenix region.
ATHENAs are challenged across industries to continue their dedication to leading, serving, and mentoring. The award highlights three women every year who are at the top of their field and who invest in their careers, their community, and especially other women. ATHENAs demonstrate inspiring leadership within their industry, mentor women throughout their career, and dedicate themselves to the community.
Over the past 34 years, 59 accomplished and compassionate Valley businesswomen have earned the title of ATHENA. Their contributions to our business community are immeasurable and help propel Phoenix forward.
Celebrate with us as we honor 11 outstanding businesswomen at the Greater Phoenix Chamber's ATHENA Awards.
2021 ATHENA Finalists:
Private Sector finalists:
- Catharine Ellingsen, Chief Legal Officer, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, and Corporate Secretary, Republic Services
- Christine Gannon, Founder & CEO, Brightworks Consulting
- Molly Stockley, Regional Vice President of Marketing, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Kathleen Winston, PhD, RN, Dean, College of Nursing, University of Phoenix
Public Sector finalists:
- Jeanine Bashir, Regional Director, First Things First
- Debbie Esparza, Chief Executive Officer, YWCA Metropolitan Phoenix
- Lauren Henschen, Chief Executive Officer, Phoenix Center for the Arts
- Mona Mehta Stone, SVP, General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer, Corporate Secretary, Goodwill of Central & Northern Arizona
Young Professional finalists:
- Christina Ngo, Director of Social Embeddedness, Arizona State University
- Stella O'Rourke, Corporate Development & Events Manager, UMOM New Day Centers
- Kimberly Roland, Vice President of Innovation and Entrepreneur Programs, Better Business Bureau Serving the Pacific Southwest
The Chamber is committed to the health and safety of our members and community. There will be limited in person attendance and we will be spacing out attendees and filling tables to half capacity. All attendees will be required to wear masks except while eating and drinking. We will have masks on site for anyone who needs one. We will also be conducting all check-in online, and have a digital program to limit potential contact. All staff members on site at the event will be vaccinated and also wearing a mask as an extra precaution.