Pendergast Elementary School District
- Elementary and Secondary Schools
The Pendergast Elementary School District covers 20 square miles and serves the communities of Phoenix, Glendale and Avondale in Arizona. The District serves approximately 10,000 students on twelve campuses. Everyone in Pendergast District shares a common belief and mission of, “Empowering excellence and success as we provide a quality education for all students so they can compete globally in their future endeavors and aspirations.”
The District and schools achieve this by setting high expectations and are dedicated to helping students grow academically and socially. Additionally, PESD “BEE-lieves” in the importance of partnerships to assure the community is invested in the schools and the schools are invested in the community.
• Our schools focus on student achievement and educating the whole child through program options such as Dual Language, Specialized Learning Academies, Ballroom Dancing and much more for all students to feel successful and productive.
• Teachers value teaching and learning and strive to reach and teach each child to help them develop their unlimited skills, talents and abilities.
• PESD’s extra-curricular programs offer students a well-rounded education ranging from free athletic programs, to exemplary programs in the fine arts as well as community education and affordable childcare year-round.
• Safety is a main priority, with campus security and emergency plans in place, and well-trained staff focusing on all aspects of student safety, health and wellness.
• PESD specializes in communication and making sure the community feels well informed a